Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Dedication

Dedication.  It's what was lack as men these days.  We lack dedication to our work, we lack dedication to others and we lack dedication to ourselves.  This characteristic is one of the cornerstones of developing one's self into a gentleman.  Remember the old saying "your word is all you have"?  Well that saying is more true today than ever before.  In this fast pace, quick access world, your word is all you have.  If you say you are going to do something, COMMIT to it and follow through!  How long have you been saying that you need to lose weight?  That you are tired of your job? Dedicate and commit yourself to these goals.  If your goal is to lose weight, all it takes to reach this goal is dedication.  Excuses don't do you any good.  There is ALWAYS a reason not to do something.  But when you are dedicated to success you don't ask what's wrong with something, you ask what's right with it.  "I just don't have time."  There are 24 hours in a day.  Yes, if you are waking up an hour before your 8-9 hour work day, no.  You don't have time to work out.  Yet how is it that a person who is dedicated to losing weight figures out that their gym opens at 5am? "I'm tired of my job."  Are you really dedicated to your future?  Dedicate yourself to finding your life's work.  Too many individuals focus on what type of work they DON'T want to engage in.  How does that get you any closer to your goal? Stop focusing on what you DON'T want, focus on what you DO want!  Dedicate yourself to reinventing yourself!  The world is not waiting for you to finally take that leap of faith.  When you choose not to dedicate yourself to what's important, no one suffers but you.

Dedication.  I have told myself for years that I was going to start a blog.  I knew that I had a message I wanted to share.  I knew the right people who could help me.  I refused to DEDICATE myself to the task.  In order to dedicate yourself to anything or anyone, you have to know WHY.  Why do you want to lose weight?  Why do you want to start your own business?  Why is the only way to solidify your commitment and why is the only thing that will keep you dedicated.  What is it that you want out of life?  Make a decision to dedicate yourself to it today!  The situation will never be perfect.  Often times we find out the most about ourselves at the worst times.

This was a topic was not planning on discussing but I had a discussion with an individual earlier in the week about a lack of dedication.  For my first blog I did not plan on going with a format such as this, I just felt it needed to be said.  Weekly throughout this blog, we will explore and discuss what the world gentleman really means.  I will be focusing on topics such as the following:

Dress like a man (The Suit is not dead)
Exercise is not an option
Effective Communication
Setting Goals
Culture
Educating yourself

Hope you guys enjoyed!
Gentleman First
Samuel W. Anderson

Follow on Twitter @sambeme84 Follow on Facebook @ Samuel Anderson Follow on Instagram at LOVEMYAMBITION84
<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/10210963/?claim=488p8pbjq6p">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>

No comments:

Post a Comment